The monastery students were served two meals a day. The first meal was served at 9:00 AM in the summer and 10:00 AM in the winter. The second meal was always served at 5:00 PM. Sunday meals followed the same schedule as weekday meals. Students were seated seven to a table in the "Hofstube." These details are found in a report by the Alpirsbach monastery administrator from November 10, 1576.