PRIMARY AND SECONDARY MONASTERY SCHOOLS
The duke established monastery schools for the education of pastors in all 13 monasteries. Primary and secondary monastery schools served as basic education, after which students would transfer to the seminary in Tübingen. However, the number of monastery schools decreased over time. The primary monastery school in Alpirsbach closed its doors in 1595. In its time, it had housed 200 students. Primary monastery schools only remained in Adelberg and Blaubeuren; Bebenhausen and Maulbronn remained as secondary institutions.